Do you want a swoon worthy, super easy and delicious peach cobbler recipe? Well look no further. I whipped up this goodness served a la mode on Sunday for a BBQ and it was gone. No leftovers to be had which was a little sad. Lesson learned, next time I will make two. 😉
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (
optional) a must!
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
This was a crowd pleaser and made my house smell delicious. I think it will become my go to recipe for late summer entertaining. Do you have an easy desert recipe that you like to repeat?