What? Best mom ever?? Yep — today I am using cookies as a way to have my kids love me even more. Ha ha! Kids love homemade cookies. And adults. Fresh baked? Oh yes!!
I came across this yummy recipe awhile back and decided that today was the day to make them
They were easy and they came out delicious!! I love how gooey they are when you don’t add flour. It changes the texture dramatically — in a very good way!
Ooey Gooey Rocky Road Cookies from Fifteen Spatulas
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 extra large egg whites
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2.5 oz sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk in the salt. Add the egg whites and vanilla and whisk until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Use a cookie scooper to portion out small mounds on to the parchment paper, then top each cookie with 4-5 marshmallows. Pop into the freezer for 5 minutes to chill slightly (this prevents them from spreading too much in the oven).
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown. Let the cookies sit on the paper for a few minutes to set, before moving them to a wire rack to cool. Are these ooey gooey or what? Enjoy!!!