About a week ago I decided to make the kids some pancakes but for a little extra something, I added in some canned pumpkin. Of course I had leftovers so I did a little search for a cookie recipe with pumpkin. I stumbled upon Closet Cooking and this delish recipe. I think these might be my 8 year old’s favorite cookie ever. In the course of 5 days, I have made two batches.
(makes 14 large cookies)
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup white chocolate (coarsely chopped)
1/2 cup macadamia nuts (coarsely chopped)
1. Cream the butter and sugars in a bowl.
2. Beat in the egg, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
3. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
5. Mix in the rolled oats, white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
6. Place the dough onto a cookie sheet one tablespoon at a time.
7. Bake in a 350F preheated oven for 8-14 minutes. (Note: The bake time can vary a bit in this recipe depending on how much liquid there is in the pumpkin puree.)
Closet Cooking has so many mouth watering recipes. I will certainly be visiting again soon!